Trading Card Game with integrated Polygon blockchain and NFT’s – Ultimate Battle Arena
Ultimate Battle Arena is an Axie Infinity-inspired universe where anyone can earn tokens through skilled gameplay and contributions. It’s a digital collection where players can battle, collect, modify and fuse their ultimates. Each ultimate has different stats which determine their role in the battle.
Each ultimate is a non-fungible token (NFT). Each is unique and owned by the user, validated through block chain, and its value can be appreciated or depreciated based on the marketplace. Since ultimates are tokens on a blockchain, they can be bought, sold, or transferred digitally, with a guarantee of ownership.
Ultimates have an infinite number of copies on the Marketplace. Each copy has distinct stats stored in a smart contract.
- Target Audience
The intended audience for this game are people aged eighteen and above. Due to the legalities associated with cryptocurrency, and in-game purchases; audiences under 18 will be excluded from the target market. Instead the application will focus on a market that encompasses the following:
- Can partake in buying and selling cryptocurrency.
- Have an interest in blockchain and NFTs.
- Users who are interested in a more interactive form of crypto-trading.
The main genres of focus are: Non-fungible token, collectible card game.
- Game Flow Summary
In Ultimate Battle Arena, players will collect, modify, and battle NFT-based ultimates to earn tokens through their gameplay and contributions to the digital world. Players battle against other non-player characters in teams of 10 Cards to earn Benders of Valor (BOV) Token, with battle outcomes determined by cards played and the type of cards fighting. Players can fuse ultimates to produce new and unique ultimates, requires BOV, and is limited in the number of times each card may be fused.
- Gameplay and Mechanics
In this section, each game mechanic will be fleshed out in detail:
- Meta Mask Integration
Players need to authorize their wallet before starting the game. Using Meta Mask for the Wallet Connect which will act as a key vault, secure login, token wallet, and token exchange.
Check out detailed documentation here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11fz5oCzMcH-mXK0Oti9z8R9359E4PM8lvSkJm0e65yQ/edit#
Ultimates are the characters the player can use in order to progress and participate in auto battles. Ultimates can be leveled up and possess abilities unique to themselves which allow for a good synergy among other ultimates. All ultimates belong to a faction, and are further distinguished with a Class, Type, and Role of their own.
Each Ultimate has the following set of animations: Idle, Attack, Hurt, Death and Special Animations.
The Ultimate Tiers are as Follows:
There are four different tiers of the Ultimates: Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary. Each tier has a maximum level cap of 50.
- Classes and Roles
Classes: There are five different classes:
Roles: These roles will help us define character stats and abilities.
- Tank (Tank Class, Warrior Class)
- Heal (Mostly Support Class, sometimes Mage)
- Buff (Mostly Support Class, sometimes Mage)
- Assassin (Ranged Class, Warrior Class)
- Area of Effect (Mage Class, Ranged Class)
- Debuff (Support Class, Mage Class, Ranged Class)
- Damage over Time (Mage Class, Warrior Class, Ranged Class)
- Concentrated Damage (Mage Class, Ranged Class, Support Class)
- Crowd Control (Warrior Class, Tank Class, Mage Class)
There are four different avatar based factions.
- Ultimate Leveling
As the players approach higher levels, they would have to upgrade their ultimates to fight and win against stronger opponents. For that purpose, Ultimate Leveling is the feature used to level up the ultimates.
- By clicking on the “Inventory” icon found on the Main Menu Screen, users can navigate to the Inventory screen. The Inventory screen displays all the Ultimates the user has unlocked.
- Users can navigate to the Level-up screen by clicking on the Level Up button.
- On the Level-up screen, users can view the selected character’s rarity, name, level, attributes, class and roles.
- Users can click on the “Level-up” button to level the Ultimate one level at a time or hold down the “Level-up” button to continuously level the Ultimate, which consumes BOV until it reaches a milestone level.
- The ultimates can be upgraded to a maximum level of 50.
- Card Packs
Card Packs are the most cost effective way to acquire cards.They offer the fastest way to extend the player’s collection to a particular set. They contain items that players can open to acquire cards for filling a player’s UBA collection.
Card Packs can be purchased with ULTI Tokens. Each card pack contains 5 cards from the card set. Each card opened has a probability of being Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary but each pack is guaranteed to contain at least one card of at least a rarity.
- Battle Mechanics
The Ultimate Battle Arena battle system is a turn-based card game where the goal is to eliminate all enemies your team of 10 cards is facing.
Visually, Battle Arena would be heavily inspired by the AFK Arena.